UMIP Innovation Optimiser: Roadmap introductory sessionPosted on January 15, 2016 at 10:23 am
Tues 15th Dec 2015 – Entrepreneurial Mindset – Balancing academia and entrepreneurship. What is an ‘academic entrepreneur’?
This is the introductory session of our Roadmap Series as part of the UMIP Innovation Optimiser. The Roadmap series is our signature workshop programme and lies at the core of our support for innovators, for many it is the start of their journey and is specifically designed to empower innovators and equip you with the skills and understanding to commercialise your idea.
This session covers:
· Overview of the Programme
· Why the entrepreneurial university is important
· The role of an entrepreneurial leader in a university
· Entrepreneurial learning in the curriculum
· Your potential as an ‘academic entrepreneur’
· Your potential as an ‘academic entrepreneur’ – self assessment & group discussion
· Your research as a startup: the pathway